Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calm Before Chaos

So there is nothing currently going on right now in our lives and Im okay with that. But I know that is going to change in a matter of weeks. and I'm trying to just relax and enjoy the time I have with my kids before things start to change rapidly.
rainy day calls for the bouncy house!

So next week Jude has a eye doctors appointment, that will go over everything that will happen during and after his surgery. Jude is having Nystagmus surgery. Nystagmus is a condition of involuntary eye movement, acquired in infancy or later in life. Jude's eye movements are from side to side. And the reason why he is having the surgery is to not stop the eye movement but to help with how Jude holds his head. in order to stop his eyes from moving Jude has to tilt his head back and since the last time we saw the doctor his head tilt has gotten worse.

nice place to catch up on a good book
and yes Jude is wearing Christmas pjs its cold outside!

So what they are going to do is reattach the eye muscles to make them tighter and to make the position of where the eyes stop moving to a normal head position. in the long run this will help with jude's vision. he will be able to see things that are far away for example when he is at school he will be able to see the blackboard without having to tilt his head back. According to this website about 10% of children with down syndrome have nystagmus. His surgery is scheduled for May 11th. if you have the stomach here is a video on youtube showing how the surgery is done.

Noah is so excited
Jude will then have a follow up doctors appointment after his surgery. and he will also have a sleep study done on June 9th. the sleep study is to see if Jude has sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is not something that we think Jude has its just something on the check list that we need to get done. 
I am most worried about the surgery. the surgery is outpatient and its only an hour long and i trust the doctor. the Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center speaks nothing about amazing things about him. I am just nervous about the anesthesia and that my baby has to get surgery and the what ifs'. for me, sometimes, the future can be scary and i cannot wait until his surgery is over and he is awake and I am holding him until then i will be worried. Once its over i will be able to breathe a sigh of relief.
 And during this whole time Jeff and I have to start job hunting because the T-mobile call center will be closing their doors on June 22nd. I have a head start on Jeff. I accepted a position that is an hour away from home and the shift is 11:45 to 8:30. this is not my idle situation. But I will not start with them until June 18th so this gives me more time to find something that is closer to home and maybe with a better shift. I recently had a interview with a hospital in the area and i should hear from them in the next 4 business days telling me if i got the position or not. and if i did i would start my 12 week training the 3rd week of May. the shift works so much better for us. it would be from 3-11. so jeff would be able to get a job during the day and the benefits with the hospital are amazing. this would be such a blessing if i received this job.
I love how well they play together
My happy little baby
And besides doctors appointments and new jobs and interviews, Mother's day is right around the corner,  My dad's birthday, Allix's birthday, and Father's days. so even though the weather right now is dreary and cold, I am preparing myself for the hecticness that is about to come my way. And during this time i hope that Noah doesn't feel left out. since most of the attention in the next couple of weeks will be on Jude and his recovery, I still want Noah to feel like he is my baby and Jude's little brother. Noah is one of the best things that could have happened to me and i am so blessed to have an amazing kid. Please keep my family in your thoughts these next couple of weeks. 

Mommy loves you so much Jude and Noah


No comments:

Post a Comment